Adrian was featured April/May 2004
1. When did you start illustrating (for clients professionally?)
2. Who are your biggest influences?
3. What is your work process?
I do very rough pencil sketches. Gestural scribbles, and start refining them digitally as soon as I can. I use Adobe Illustrator and Creaturehouse Expression (now defunct but may be making a comeback).
4. What would you name as the biggest strength of your illustrations?
Personally, I dig my shapes and sense of composition.
5. Do you have any formal education in art?
Yes, I took Art Fundamentals and Classical Animation at Sheridan College in Oakville. Not to mention a whole lot of life drawing on the side.
6. Where do you see the future of illustration?
Other than more of it appearing on the web? I see it spilling over into graphic design, animation, other sorts of media.. not so much of the 'picture in a box' format anymore.
7. If you could offer one piece of advice to someone considering a career in illustration, what would it be?
Put yourself in the shoes of the art director. And go from there.
8. Last words?
Bookmark this site!