Veronica was featured June/July 2007
1. When did you start illustrating (for clients professionally?)
I started in the summer of 2004 and began freelancing only by the fall.
2. Who are your biggest influences?
I really like Luc Latulippe and Marcos Chin.
3. What is your work process?
I usually spend a couple of days thinking about the illustration before I get an idea. I sketch a few things out to try and usually I'll get really excited about something and send it as first concept. Once the idea is approved, I use Adobe Illustrator to create a vector Illustration, or lately I've been scanning things in to play with Photoshop!
4. What would you name as the biggest strength of your illustrations?
I love drawing people. I think my biggest strength is faces.
5. Do you have any formal education in art?
I did one year of Fine Arts, then a Certificate in Graphic Design.
6. Where do you see the future of illustration?
I think we're heading back to hand drawing and really unique styles. It's always changing though and I like that. It's hard to say where the future might be when the whole idea is to evolve and create new styles like no one has seen before.
7. If you could offer one piece of advice to someone considering a career in illustration, what would it be?
Just keep trying and putting yourself out there. Find your unique style. Practice.
8. Last words?
Love what you do.